Biostatistics Scientist Job at Bayer CropScience, Sacramento
Bayer CropScience is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join their Biologics R&D team as a Biostatistics Scientist I at their West Sacramento, California site. This is a highly interdisciplinary role that requires collaboration with internal and external collaborators in statistics, plant pathology, entomology, fermentation, chemistry and bioinformatics. The candidate will integrate data, make recommendations, produce statistical pipelines, and improve the overall quality and value of our data collection.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Biostatistics Scientist I, are to:
- Develop and improve statistical tools for discovery and characterization of microbial compounds in vitro, in planta, and/or in field;
- Support bench scientist teams in the analysis of large data sets by integrating different data types into statistical frameworks;
- Train research staff on experimental design, basic statistical concepts, and the use of relevant statistical tools;
- Keep abreast of new statistical techniques, including technological developments in machine learning;
- Provide guidance to external collaborators regarding experimental design and/or statistical analysis;
- Be able to work with Data Engineers to translate statistical analyses and experimental designs into standardized pipelines;
- Be able to communicate effectively through listening, documentation, and presentation, especially using compelling visualization tools to share analysis and the interpretation of data.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Statistics or a related field OR Master’s degree and two (2) years of experience;
- Expertise in the statistical analysis software R.
- Prior experience in plant breeding, plant pathology, plant biology, entomology, ecology, or evolutionary biology;
- Prior experience in agriculture and/or an R&D environment;
- Knowledge of other programming languages (UNIX, Python, SQL).
This position may offer domestic relocation assistance.
How to Apply
For more details and application, see https://jobs.dataelixir.com/jobs/4993711-bioinformatics-scientist-at-bayer-cropscience?utm_campaign=Data_Elixir&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=Data_Elixir_184.