Introduction to R Bootcamp
Links to Recordings and Resources
- Dates: September 24 (8:30am - 4pm with a break for lunch) and September 25 (8:30am - noon)
- Instructor: Duncan Temple Lang
- Location: Data Science Initiative classroom, Shields 360
- Cost: Free to UC Davis students, postdocs, faculty and staff. DSI Affiliates have priority registration.
This 2-day workshop will introduce you to using R to explore, clean, analyze and visualize your data.
- managing your workspace, assigning variables
- reading data into R
- data types and data frames
- string manipulation
None! This workshop is designed for those new to programming and R, and may also be a helpful refresher for those who have used R but feel rusty and/or want more practice. You are expected to download and install the latest working version of R on your laptop prior to the workshop. R can be downloaded, free, here: https://www.r-project.org/. Optional, but you might also like to install RStudio, which can be downloaded free, here: https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/#Desktop.
The workshop will be a mix of presentation and hands on coding. Bring your laptop with R the latest working version of R.
Complete this registration form to apply to attend: https://goo.gl/forms/6d0wdIoU74g8hi663. Acceptances will be emailed prior to the workshop. Space is limited.